Finding a leak in your pool can be an extremely stressful experience. If you do confirm that there is, indeed, a leak in your pool, you’ll want to take proper action right away. You will need pool maintenance as soon as possible, whether your pool is located in Temecula or beyond.
Here is a checklist of what do to when you suspect your pool may have a leak:
- Confirm that it is an actual leak and not evaporation or from another source. Pools will naturally lose some water due to evaporation, backwashing through pool filters and splash out. If you find that you are replacing more than two inches of water a week, that’s a sign that there may be a leak.
- Double check with a simple test. The simplest way to double check that a leak is occurring is to use a piece of tape to mark the water level. If the pool has lost more than a quarter of an inch within 24 hours, you can be sure that there is a leak.
- Identify the source of the leak. You’ll want to take a closer look at the following areas to see if you can identify the source of the leak: the equipment pad (filter, pump, heater, valves), patches of wet soil, and tears in the liner.
- Call in the experts. Even if you cannot locate the source of the leak, it is important to contact a pool maintenance professional to fix the leak. Some leaks may not be identifiable without state of the art pool maintenance equipment.
Follow these steps when you suspect you have a leak, and your pool will be back to working order quickly!
If you are in need of pool maintenance in Temecula, contact the experts at Pacific Clear Pool & Spa. Inc. today by calling 951-290-1548 or visiting http://pacificclear.com/contact.
Whether you own a pool that needs pool service in Temecula or in another location, it is important that you have access to resources to help keep your pool clean and safe. There are many websites and blogs that provide an abundance of information that can help you learn more about your pool and how to best take care of it.
Here is a list of the best resources for pool owners.
- Swim University. This blog offers a beginner’s guide to new pool ownership, which you may find especially helpful if you have recently purchased a home that has a pool, or installed a pool on your property. You can also find links to other helpful pages, such as “The Art of Pool Care” and “25 Money Saving Poo Ideas.” Link: https://www.swimuniversity.com/new-pool-owner/
- River Pools and Spas. This blog offers practical advice on trends in pools and nuts and bolts suggestions about building a pool of your own. There is also a link to a “Learning Center” page with FAQ’s and a video library. Link: http://www.riverpoolsandspas.com/blog
- Mike the Poolman. This blog offers hands on experiences of pool maintenance. Get the scoop on practical scenarios and learn more about how to best take care of your pool. Link: http://mikethepoolman.com/blog
- Specialty Pool Products. This blog offers a tips about pools on a wide range of subjects, from pool winterization to the benefits of automatic pool chlorinators. It also provides links to pool tools and kits you can order online through their website. Link: http://www.poolproducts.com/blog/
Visit any of these online resources to increase your knowledge of your pool! You’ll be able to speak with your pool service technician with more confidence in no time.
If you are in need of pool service in Temecula, contact the experts at Pacific Clear Pool & Spa. Inc. today by calling 951-290-1548 or visiting http://pacificclear.com/contact.
You’ve made up your mind- it’s time to hire a professional pool cleaning service. But how do you know what to look for when making your decision? We have a few guidelines to consider when selecting the pool cleaning company that will be the right fit for you.
Consumer Reviews– Word of mouth is the best form of advertising for small businesses, and it can also be the most effective predictor of how reliable and efficient a company is at the service it provides. Do your research on consumer review sites like Yelp and Google Plus to see which professional pool cleaning companies in your area have the best reviews. If there are a large number of negative reviews or a bunch of red flags mentioning skipped cleanings, rude staff, or pools that were not sufficiently cleaned, move on to another company.
Small vs. Large Business– Some pool cleaning companies in your area are branches of much larger national corporations, while others are local, mom-and-pop type shops specializing in pool cleaning in your hometown. There can be pros and cons to both- for example, a pool cleaning service with locations nationwide may not have the same level of customer service that you can expect from a much smaller company; however, they may have lower pricing, more flexible payment options or better service times on their schedule. Be forewarned, though- large pool cleaning companies have high turnover rates, meaning their staff members may be much more inexperienced and lack the level of training that their potentially more qualified small-business counterparts have.
References from Friends and Neighbors– There’s nothing better than a positive referral from a trusted friend, neighbor or family member to give you peace of mind that you’ve made the right choice for your pool cleaning service. Ask around to see if any of your friends or neighbors with pools can recommend a cleaning service they absolutely love! If they have had nothing but positive experiences, chances are you will too.
If you’re looking for a top-quality pool cleaning service with experienced pool care technicians and unparalleled customer service, consider Pacific Clear Pool & Spa, Inc. for all your pool cleaning needs. We proudly serve clients here in Temecula and surrounding areas, and go above and beyond to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied with the level of service they receive. Call today to learn more about the services we provide and our pricing structure. Let Pacific Clear Pool make your pool sparkle!
Owning a pool can be a major commitment. Between making sure that the chemicals in your pool are properly maintained and balanced, it is essential to keep it clean. Here are some fundamentals of pool cleaning that are a must for all pool owners to know.
Here at Pacific Clear Pool and Spa, we know about pool cleaning! In fact, our top priority is providing our customers with the cleanest pools possible. Here is a list of seven things we wish pool owners knew to keep their pools clean.
The pool skimmer is your #1 tool. Using a hand skimmer or leaf skimmer at least twice a week is your best defense in keeping your pool clean! Skimming your pool will remove dirt, bugs, leaves and more. It will also decrease the amount of chlorine needed to maintain your pool
Clean your pool filters thoroughly. Pools can have up to three different kinds of filters: sand, cartridge, and earth. Follow the instructions and cleaning instructions for each filter.
Take care of leaks as soon as possible. If you suspect that your pool may have a leak, have a professional look at it as soon as possible. Unattended pool leaks can be a barrier to pool cleaning.
Check your pH levels on a regular basis. Make sure you keep a pool testing kit at the ready and use it often. The pH level is the biggest indicator of the overall health and cleanliness of your pool.
Keep your water level steady. Water evaporates from your pool in the winter. Make sure your water level doesn’t go below the level of your skimmer. Low water levels can cause damage to your pump.
Be attentive to pool odors. If your pool has an odd odor, this may mean that ammonia and nitrogen levels have gotten too high. You may need to add a shock treatment of chlorine so the pool does not become contaminated.
Winterize your pool. Before the winter months, make sure to schedule a deep clean of the pool and disconnect the water sources.
When you want to hire the pool cleaning experts, look no further than Pacific Clear Pool and Spa! Call us today 951-290-1548 and your pool will thank you!
Cleaning a pool is no easy task. Whether you are a pool owner living in Temecula or beyond, your pool is in need of many pool services that must be performed on a regular basis. Here are just some of the pool services needed to maintain your pool:
New pool? When you install a new swimming pool in your home, it can be both an exciting and confusing thing. On one hand, you finally have the perfect place for summer parties and relaxing days right in your backyard. On the other hand, pool maintenance is tricky but important. You may be researching ways to clean out your own pool when self-care may not be the best option for value and quality.
Why should you hire a pool cleaning service rather than do it yourself? Consider the benefits of hiring a pool cleaning service to decide for yourself.
Poor maintenance can take up to four hours to complete. If your time is valuable, a poor service can be a great time saver. They may even be able to provide the services quicker, leaving you with both extra time and extra money spent.
Pool cleaning requires powerful chemicals that, especially if you have small children, you may not want to store in your own home. Pool technicians are experienced using these chemicals and know how to use them safely. Let them store these chemicals and handle them to make sure your pool is a safe place for you and your guests.
Pool technicians utilize equipment to perform maintenance that you as a homeowner may not have or want to put in the money to buy. Hiring a service to perform pool cleaning leaves you with high quality services without having to buy all the equipment needed to do it yourself.
Keep your pool clean
If you use your pools for family get-togethers or have guests over often, you will want to make sure that your pool is clean and safe. DIY maintenance is convenient but not always ideal in terms of making sure your pool is in the best shape it can be. A pool technician can clean your pool using quality services and make sure that it is in the best condition it can be.
If you live in Temecula and are looking for a pool service, contact us today and we will be happy to answer any questions about our pool services! We look forward to working with you!
Benefits of Hiring a Pool Pro
It is estimated that a pool owner who does not hire a pool pro invests several hours a month on performing maintenance tasks and visiting pool supply stores. At Pacific Clear Pool and Spa, our certified pool technicians can take care of your pool maintenance for you so you can spend all of your time enjoying your pool instead of a chunk of your free time working on it.
Here are the 4 top benefits of hiring a pool pro that lessen the stress of owning a pool:
- You can always feel safe swimming in your pool. Once your pool’s chemicals are imbalanced, it’s an unsafe environment for you and your guests. A pool pro will ensure your chemicals stay balanced so the water is safe and sparkling blue.
- You don’t have to work with dangerous pool chemicals. A pool pro is extensively trained to carefully transport, handle and apply the chemicals needed to keep the water safe.
- You can avoid expending the strenuous effort involved with cleaning your pool. Scrubbing and skimming a pool is tough work. Unless you have the time, energy and fitness to clean your pool adequately, it’s better to hire a pool pro.
- You will save money. Pool owners often fail to set the pool pump timer at the ideal intervals, which results in a higher energy bill. Also, if the pool equipment is not properly maintained and the filters routinely cleaned, the equipment will need to work harder to keep the pool clean thereby increasing your electric bill and the chance that you will face a parts replacement or having to replace your filtration system.
Schedule a pool cleaning by the certified team of Pacific Clear Pool and Spa and discover how a pool pro can simplify your life. Our expert pool cleaners provide the best pool service in Temecula! Contact our friendly staff today by calling 951-290-1548!
Pool maintenance can seem daunting and a bit over complicated at times but the process is necessary to keep your pool functional, safe, and fun to swim in. Here are some of the most important maintenance practices you can use to keep your pool in top shape.
First off try and skim the pools surface every few days to ensure that debris doesn’t get the chance to sink to the bottom or clog up any of the major systems. This is one of the least complicated and most essential things you can do to keep your pool in good condition.
Next make sure you know what kind of filter your pool uses, there are two main filter types: cartridge and diatomaceous earth. Clean your filter based on the manufacturer’s instructions and, believe it or not, try and avoid cleaning your filters too often. A small amount of dirt in the filter actually increases its efficiency by filling in gaps and trapping other particles. Make sure to vacuum your pool weekly to remove any sunken debris, vacuum operation is specific to model type and so make sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions before using one.
Finally and potentially most importantly ensure that you monitor your pool chemicals on a regular basis, a weekly check of chlorine and pH levels will give you an idea of what kind of adjustments need to be made in order to keep the water at sanitary and safe swimming levels. The pH of the water should ideally be between 7.2 and 7.8 this can be adjusted with a reagent kit if necessary. Optimal chlorine levels vary based on the type of pool you have but if they begin to get too low you should “shock” the water by adding a substantial amount of chlorine which will both sterilize and remove odors.
Hopefully these tips help you prepare for a full summer of swimming, and remember consult the specific guidelines and maintenance procedures of your pools manufacturer if you feel unsure of your maintenance.
Importance of the Correct Chemical Balance in Your Pool
Your personal aquatic getaway on your property must be properly maintained to ensure it is clean and safe for swimming. By “safe,” this means your pool water should be correctly balanced or you and your swimmers may be in danger due to the hazardous water. Additionally, an imbalance of chemicals can damage your pool resulting in staining and corrosion on the pool’s concrete floor and sidewalls, corrosion of metal components of equipment and damage to vinyl liners.
At Pacific Clear Pool and Spa in Temecula, CA, we routinely educate our clients on why it’s necessary to have a pool’s water analyzed for imbalances by a trained, professional pool technician. If you have a pool or you are considering having a pool added to your property, there is a great deal of information about pool water safety you should know to keep your pool a safe, relaxing place for all.
What Can Happen from Chemical Imbalances of Pool Water
Imbalances can damage your pool and lead to the following in humans, and possibly pets, who swim in the pool and/or ingest pool water:
- Burning/stinging of eyes
- Irritation to the nasal passage
- Asthma-like symptoms
- Acid burns of the skin
- Skin rash
- Illness that may include infection, fever, general malaise
- Gastrointestinal issues, including diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Enamel erosion of the teeth
Contact Pacific Clear Pool and Spa Today
You may believe that your pool water is safe for swimming because it isn’t green or cloudy, but that isn’t a surefire way to assess its suitability for usage. Too often, homeowners forget to regularly check the levels of chemicals in the pool water and risk the safety of those who enjoy it. Trust your pool’s safety and cleanliness to Pacific Clear Pool and Spa. Our pool experts perform comprehensive inspections, pool water chemical balance analysis and adjustment, filter cleaning, equipment checks and other services at each routine appointment. Schedule an inspection of your pool by Pacific Clear Pool and Spa in Temecula today by calling 951-290-1548. Protect your loved ones and your investment by contacting Pacific Clear Pool and Spa!